Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Darkness Disperses

I read in Doctrine and Covenants 21:6 yesterday that God will disperse "the powers of darkness" if we listen to the prophet's words. This reminds me of Joseph Smith's account of Satan seizing him before the First Vision: " Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction." For him, the darkness only dispersed when he called upon God for deliverance.

Joseph recounted: "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun which descended gradually until it fell upon me. It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound." (Joseph Smith History)


The First Vision
"the Lord God will disperse the powers of darkness from before you"

God will always have power to disperse darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment