Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Forever Families


I think forever families is one of the most beautiful doctrines in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the temple and I love that I am sealed to my husband and baby; and to my parents and siblings. I love that we are all connected in a chain - my parents, grandparents, great grandparents. They make me who I am...and without them, I wouldn't be here. Just like searching for the lost lamb was important to Jesus, it is important to me to know who my great great great grandparents are - and to make sure they are sealed to our family chain.

"Every human being who comes to this earth is the product of generations of parents. We have a natural yearning to connect with our ancestors. This desire dwells in our hearts, regardless of age." -Russell M. Nelson, Generations Linked in Love

“The greatest responsibility in this world that God has laid upon us is to seek after our dead." - Joseph Smith (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith (2007), 475.)

4 comments:

  1. I love this doctrine as well. I tried to find your contact to share some thoughts with you after you visited my blog, A Patient Genealogist. I hope we can meet online somewhere to continue that discussion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Devon, I would love to get in touch with you. My email is Nicoleedyer@gmail.com. Let's chat! Also my new blog is familylocket.com.

      Delete
  2. I love this doctrine as well. I tried to find your contact to share some thoughts with you after you visited my blog, A Patient Genealogist. I hope we can meet online somewhere to continue that discussion.

    ReplyDelete